lundi 28 avril 2014

Problem with update to NC Account

Hello, i stopped play Lineage maybe before 2 year and till now i didnt try to log in game ... . Now i want to start play again, but when i log on the website, it want from me to update my account in 3 easy steps : in step 1 i enter email and display name, but when i want continue to step 2, it write me system message : There was a problem updating your account. Please try again later. If this problem persists, please contact Customer Support. And i can´t continue. I tryed it many times, but still same problem. I already contacted support, but still no answer. In game i can´t log, it write me incorrect password, but it is same like on website and there i log without problem. If anyone know, what to do with problem, then I would be like for every possible solution. Sorry for my english.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire