dimanche 15 février 2015

Botting Problem

Hello.

Recently I've re-joined official Lineage 2 server, and the first problem I've ran into is SO MANY players that are using BOTS.



Honestly, I'm not a great programmer, but I don't think that a unique character name requirement at character creation screen (like e.g. more than 5 letters, 1 capital letter, not super-randomized, captcha verification to create a character) is that hard to configure, and that'd GREATLY reduce that problem.



As for example of how MANY players do that (because it's not that companies run these, just 1 player can run like 50 characters), I'm gonna attach a screenshot of Forsaken Plains area, where I'm trying to do some quests and grinding at the moment, and it's just nearly impossible to get any mob, it takes like 10 times more time to complete a quest because of that...



Also, what is that "Bot Report Button" in ALT+C for? Like it doesn't give anything at all, I've reported like 5 characters today, checked 30 minutes later, they were still farming their stuff...



So, NCSOFT (of course if any of you guys will read this post), this is basically violation of your's User Agreement, as it states:

"(c) Use, or provide others with, any software related to the Game, including any automation software (a.k.a. "bot") or software designed to change or modify operation of the Game;"

or

"(d) Use, or provide others with, any "****," "cheat," "exploit" or "mod";,

in the section 8 - "PROHIBITED AND IRREPARABLY HARMFUL ACTIVITIES CONCERNING NCSOFT", and still you do NOTHING about it. I, as a player, can't do anything about these bots, but to beg you to do something about it. I think that many players would agree with me, this is not harming only myself, but the whole community of players and the game itself.



The next thing is, bots aren't really customers, they're just straight up leechers, not buying anything off of L2 Store, so they won't give you ANY income at all, so banning them is not really that big of a problem, but at a longer term, it won't give anything, because one day you will ban 500 bots, the other day they're already back...



My suggestion is: finally implement an anti-bot system to the game, PLEASE! Like at least do a captcha verification at the character creation screen, then ban all the current botters, and voilà - the players are happy, that there are no bots.



TL;DR - Implement an anti-botting system, e.g. captcha verification to confirm creating a character, or just anything that would fit/work against them pesky botters...



SHARE THE WORD PLEASE, THE GAME IS SUFFERING BECAUSE OF BOTTERS.



P.S. These screenshots were taken on the side of the main area, where there are 5 times as many botters as I've captured on these screenshots below.

P.S.S. Sorry if I've made any mistakes in the wall of text above, I'm not an native english speaker, though I've did my best at writing it.





http://ift.tt/19kwZZ1







http://ift.tt/1AaKPpk







http://ift.tt/19kwXjO




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire