dimanche 23 novembre 2014

What happened with "Lineage 2"?

Let me begin with something that I think its important to say about me.

I rarely write in game forums, because 99% of the time is pointless, where from the fact that staff doesnt read or maybe because only "forum trolls" respond, but I decide to try it here. I dont expect here to be different, but the time will show.

Probably it has been writen and discussed many times before, but I couldnt find the topic I was looking for, so I made this one. So now on the matter:

What happened with Lineage 2 and the whole concept of the game? Really, what happened?

#1.Before the game has its purpose and general idea which it follows. Now with all these updates after Hi5, it just kind of lose itself. I mean, where are the Devs going to take the game? What are their aims and goals?

From Leveling up, Farming/spoil and Crafting, aside from PvP, Sieges/Olympiad and etc., the game has become "mindless" Leveling up to 85lvl(total waste of time) just to see that the game is not what you think it is. To discover the new classes. Which are total Erase and Rewind the old ones. So from more complicated/different and unique classes in game, it become more, actually less different classes. With this tendency will the game become after few more updates Warrior/Mage classes game? Maybe some kind plain shooter? How about some FPS? Total lack of direction.

#2.Dailies/Instances. Lineage 2 was probably the only creative MMO out there which didnt have any of these. And from some time, well it has. Why? So people to do all the same, every day, every week... and in the end to get bored and ask them self: Why is the game so boring, why should I do this every day, whats the point in it, where is the fun?

Every other MMO has dailies, Instances(solo and party), Dungeons and etc. Why did you made Lineage 2 like every other game out there? Why are you trying to mutilate and clone a perfectly well working system? So people not to see and met each other in all the zones on the map? What will become with the open world idea? Battle arenas maybe? Forever Olympiad/Arenas? No real idea, no upward thinking, by my opinion. I will speak about this later bellow.

#3.Drop/Spoil and etc. What is the future of these 2 mechanics? From what I see, soon there will be no adena drop with these levels of decreasing. Soon mobs will drop maybe 1-5 adena, just to glitter something on the ground. Just to see that its not pointless to kill it except for the experience/SP. Well guess what? Its pointless. Few times has happent to me to chat with new players, fresh and green in L2. Anyone who can speculate what they asked me? Why there is no adena drop? Where can I get some money to buy shots and stuff I need? I couldnt really help them on that matter, because there is no place where they can go. Maybe on high level, they asked. No there is even worst, I had to respond.

Now back on the dailies. Really, you will earn adena from there? Now explain this to level 45-50 character who cant buy shots or even few SoEs? First daily on level 60 buddy. You will get handful of coins. And when your level progress, your expenses go up and up to the point where you have to wait for the next day's daily to get some money so you can do something. So basically you log in make few dailies and after 1-2 hours you log out, because there is nothing you can do. Next question from new players: How people buy and sell for millions and billions? Well I will leave this one to the staff to explain this to newbies. I presume, you will say: Its a measure against bots and etc. What measure? Most lands in Lineage 2 are full with drop from bots. Now they are full with drop from everyone, simply because its pointless to pick up 50-100 adena when you waste 500-1000 on killing 1 mob. How is that? Maybe you will put 2-3 more dailies for adena and etc. then? Oh, wait! But then the game will become dailies only. Thats bad.

So we are going back to the FIRST big question: Where are the Devs going to take the game? Will Lineage 2 become a pale shadow of all other MMOs, which people play for month or two and leave from boredom? Why do you insist to disfigure more this great game?

Because of #1, #2 and #3 people will soon start leaving only. You cant hold the new players here. There is nothing different that you can present them.

I wont even mention the other lesser problems you have in front of you in future. They are for you to discover.

Finally, I dont intend to engage in confrontation and/or argue with the people in this forum, being they staff or players. Much admiration for the patience and acceptance of all the players in here, being they old and new. Good luck in game!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire